The International Association for Youth Mental Health (IAYMH) is a membership-based organisation for professionals, researchers, organisations, policy makers, young people and parents. The IAYMH’s mission is to change the way the global community thinks about young people and their mental health.
We want to do this by ensuring youth mental health services are appropriate to a young person’s age and stage of development, and that young people have an active voice in determining what is best for them.
Every two years, the IAYMH hosts an international conference in a different global city. Unlike traditional medical research conferences, the IAYMH event is planned and delivered in partnership with young people.
The IAYMH aims to:
- Ensure mental health services are more responsive to the health needs of young people across the world
- Promote public and professional interest in the mental health and wellbeing of young people aged 12–25
- Strive for systems change that delivers an age and stage appropriate service response for young people, their families and car
- Foster international collaboration and communication between individuals and organisations working to improve the health and wellbeing of young people
- Meaningfully engage young people and their parents in our advocacy for system change
- Use evidence-informed practices wherever possible
- Highlight new research and best practice in the youth mental health field
Should you wish to become a member of the Association (membership is free for all individuals with an interest in the area of youth mental health) for further information…